Employment – BIM/REVIT Specialist
Acoustics By Design, Inc. is seeking a BIM/REVIT Specialist, located in Grand Rapids, MI or Portland, OR. Read more for the job description and qualifications.
As an BIM/REVIT Specialist at Acoustics By Design, you will work under the supervision of the Senior Audiovisual Consultant to produce electronic versions of technical drawings on a diverse range of high-profile projects.
You’ll work alongside the the Senior AV Consultants, AV Consultants, and Acoustical Consultants to provide architectural details and coordination, BIM Management, and expertise in AutoCAD, REVIT, Sketch-Up and other drawing and modeling platforms. The ideal candidate will have experience with a varied spectrum of architectural projects including higher education, healthcare, hospitality, workplace, performing arts centers, civic, and institutional facilities.
If you like working in a fast paced, collaborative environment where you can put your client relationship skills and architectural production expertise into practice, and you possess the qualifications and experience below, send your resume to Marci Boks, Chief Operating Officer: Human Resources.
Acoustics By Design is one of the nation’s leading independent acoustical consulting and AV design firms. Our offices in Grand Rapids, Michigan and Portland, Oregon allow us to serve our clients across the country, and around the world.
Our consultants provide AV design and acoustical consulting services to: architects, engineers, facility directors, municipalities, and building owners. Our acoustics team includes acoustical consultants, acoustical engineers, noise consultants, and vibration consultants. Our integrated team of audio-visual consultants design audio, video, and conference room technology to cooperate with the native acoustical environment.
As an independent consulting, engineering, and design firm, Acoustics By Design performs consulting services only, and does not manufacture, sell, or install any products. This enables us to offer objective recommendations for our clients’ projects.
Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- Production of technical systems drawings in AutoCAD and Revit to increase accuracy in design and installation.
- Consult with Senior Audiovisual Consultant to check designs and drawings and verify that specifications and design data are correct.
- File, categorize, save, and send documents, drawings, and design data.
- Create and maintain Revit Families, including development of family parameters and schedules, as well as dynamic elements for design applications.
- Setup and maintain Revit job(s) and file(s).
- Maintain quality assurance by following discipline standards.
- Attend meetings, internal as well as with clients as needed.
- Coordinate with clients for drawings and information as needed.
- Prepare computer models and assist acoustical consultants.
- Provide assistance in writing blogs and creating proposals and budgets when needed.
- Manage deadlines.
- Read industry periodicals and attend necessary training to stay current on industry trends and standards and obtain certifications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Willingness to learn and interest in audio, video, multimedia, control systems and engineering, including some electrical and IT networks knowledge.
- Desire to apply knowledge of design and architecture to assist with creative AV and technology solutions.
- Commitment to continuous learning.
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges.
- Strong drive for results, attention to detail, accuracy and follow-through, as well as accountability and action.
- Express ideas clearly and listen effectively to others.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with AV team and co-workers. Ability to resolve client and employee issues.
- Expert knowledge of current and recent versions AutoCAD, Revit, Microsoft Office 365 applications. Good working knowledge of Adobe CS/CC software (Photoshop, InDesign) would be helpful.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and outstanding teaming skills.
- Commitment to be your best self, inside and outside of work.
- Willingness to be flexible, performing responsibilities not specifically identified in the job description and assuming new responsibilities as ABD’s needs change.
- Associate Degree in Architectural Technician, BIM/CAD technology, CAD drafting, or related field.
- Minimum five years of experience in AutoCAD and Revit required, including setting up and maintaining jobs, files, families and work sets.
Email your resume and salary requirements to Marci Boks, Chief Operations Officer: Human Resources.