Employment – Senior AV Consultant
Senior Audiovisual Consultant
Grand Rapids, MI
Acoustics By Design is seeking a Senior Audiovisual Consultant.
As a Senior Audiovisual Consultant at Acoustics By Design, you’ll provide project management and consult on a diverse range of high-profile projects. You will be engaging with end users and clients to identify needs and applications for technologies, as well as identify future trends and develop infrastructure to serve those applications into the future, anticipating how they may change and grow. As project manager, your responsibilities will include working with architects, engineers and facilities operators to ensure AV systems are a planned and integral part of the facility design vision, including the building systems and operational aspects of the facility long after occupancy.
The Senior AV Consultant will work alongside our audiovisual design and BIM/CAD team to produce programming reports and budgets, plan and coordinate systems design and infrastructure documentation – including drawings and specifications, as well as provide construction administration duties, closeout and commissioning of completed systems, and ongoing client relationship support post-occupancy. The ideal candidate will have experience with and understand the role of consultant, as well as experience working on a varied spectrum of projects including higher education, healthcare, hospitality, workplace, performing arts centers, civic, and institutional facilities.
If you like working in a fast paced, collaborative environment where you can put your client relationship skills and technical systems expertise into practice, and you possess the qualifications and experience below, send your resume to Marci Boks, Chief Operating Officer: Human Resources.
Acoustics By Design is one of the nation’s leading independent acoustical consulting and AV design firms. Our offices in Grand Rapids, Michigan and Portland, Oregon allow us to serve our clients across the country, and around the world.
Our consultants provide AV design and acoustical consulting services to: architects, engineers, facility directors, municipalities, and building owners. Our acoustics team includes acoustical consultants, acoustical engineers, noise consultants, and vibration consultants. Our integrated team of audio-visual consultants design audio, video, theatrical lighting, conference room technology, and technical systems, to integrate with the native acoustical environment.
As an independent consulting, engineering, and design firm, Acoustics By Design performs consulting services only, and does not manufacture, sell, or install any products. This enables us to offer objective recommendations for our projects.
- Bachelors or Post-Graduate Degree in Engineering, theater design degree, and/or industry certification. Infocomm CTS-D certification preferred.
- Minimum of five years AV Systems design experience. Engineering, structured cabling systems and/or network design, and/or control systems programming experience is a plus.
- Experience in A/E project management, with skills in managing often differing expectations between owners, end-users, architects, engineers, and contractors.
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to think creatively and envision future developments and trends in our industry.
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills.
- Thorough knowledge of audio-visual technology, control systems, and media networks.
- Proficient in MS Word, and MS Excel. Knowledge of Revit desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and outstanding team skills.
- Willingness to be flexible, performing responsibilities not specifically identified in the job description, and assuming new responsibilities as ABD’s needs change.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Availability to relocate to our home office in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Email your resume and salary requirements to Marci Boks, Chief Operations Officer: Human Resources.