Church acoustics are a vital part of worship. Experienced with the highly varied acoustics of traditional churches, synagogues, and more contemporary houses of worship, Acoustics By Design understands the unique challenges church acoustics present.
At Acoustics By Design, our independent acoustical consultants work closely with church architects, clergy, building committees, and music and technology directors to ensure the desired church acoustics. We use sophisticated acoustics modeling software to predict reverberation, reflection, and other acoustical concerns, such as isolation of private consultation and prayer and reflection rooms from meeting spaces and isolation of sanctuaries from ancillary rooms and functions. Predictive modeling of church acoustics helps us shape and design the acoustical performance of new church facilities, church renovations, and historical restoration projects.
Our audio-visual design consultants provide independent, expert audio-visual and lighting design services to optimally integrate technical systems with church acoustics—so that speech, sound, music, lighting, and visual media are delivered with acoustical and visual clarity and brilliance. Through the integrated design of acoustics and technical systems, we help ensure a rich and inspiring worship experience.
Acoustics By Design’s church acoustics consulting services include:
- Design for sanctuaries, naves
- Design for ancillary church facilities and rooms
- Isolation of environmental noise from worship acoustics
- Isolation of mechanical noise and vibration
- Isolation of ancillary area noise (e.g., nursery, narthex) from worship acoustics
- Design of audio-visual and lighting technical systems
- Integration of technical systems with church acoustics