How We Work: HIPAA Speech Privacy
During the design phase, we work with architects to ensure construction drawings reflect appropriate acoustical design that helps ensure compliance with HIPAA oral speech privacy regulations. Architects typically engage Acoustics By Design to review construction drawings, conduct predictive acoustical modeling, and provide design recommendations for the appropriate acoustical environment for patient privacy.
In the built environment, HIPAA privacy officers and healthcare facility managers often directly engage Acoustics By Design to assess sound transmission and recommend systems to assess and improve the existing acoustical environment and ensure reasonable safeguards for patient privacy.
Our typical process includes:
- Initial consultation and preliminary estimate
- Construction drawing review and acoustical analysis for new construction
- HIPAA speech privacy acoustical audits for built environments, including testing, measurements, and monitoring
- Predictive acoustical modeling
- HIPAA speech privacy acoustical solutions
- Room and space design
- Existing room materials modifications
- Sound transmission control
- Sound masking solutions
- Sound isolation
- Acoustical design or acoustical remediation recommendations