How We Work: Technology Systems Design
Architects, facilities managers, and technical directors engage Acoustics By Design to provide independent design and integration of technical systems.
Seasoned experts, our technical systems design consultants have extensive experience in a wide range of applications and environments, from performing arts centers, theaters, and convention halls to corporate conference centers, worship facilities, and lecture rooms. They understand how to integrate technical systems design into architectural plans, so that sight lines, projection lines, screen sizes, resolution, lighting, and sound reproduction fit perfectly with the physical space and native acoustical environment.
Often, as part of the technical systems design process, Acoustics By Design conducts an assessment of the native acoustical environment in which the technical systems will operate. Such assessment can occur in the design phase or for facilities already built.
Our typical process includes:
- Initial consultation and preliminary estimate
- Technical systems needs assessment
- Analysis of the acoustical environment
- Development of audio-visual, lighting, and technical systems design and specifications
- Construction drawings
- Competitive bid, bid review, and selection recommendations
- Systems and performance review of new installations